This week we will start to see some warm weather with temperatures in the 80s (finally!), but today is surprisingly cold, which has me thinking of comfort foods. Today’s meal combines three of my favorite, easy, go-to recipes: paleo meatloaf, parmesan green beans, and carrot fries (Carrot fries are really good – you should try them. I don’t like carrots that much, but I love carrot fries).
This recipe is from our good friends, Solidarity Eats. The only change I’ve made is to take out the almond meal. It’s not necessary and I don’t think it adds that much to the recipe (other than calories).
- 2 lb. ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- handful of basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 can tomato paste (6 oz) (I prefer the basil and garlic flavored)
- 1/2-3/4 t. ground black pepper
- 1 t. sea salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix with your hands to combine. Pat it into a large glass loaf pan and bake for about 60 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before cutting (remove from or serve with pan drippings, as desired).
Roasted Parmesan Green Beans:
- 12 oz green beans, trimmed (make sure they are dry)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- kosher salt + fresh cracked pepper to taste
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp shredded parmesan
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum for easy clean-up.
Lay green beans out on the baking sheet and drizzle oil over them. Season with salt, pepper and garlic powder and toss to evenly coat.
This recipe can be found at Elana’s Pantry
- 6 large carrots
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- Cut each carrot into 2-inch long sections
- Cut each section into thin sticks
- In a large bowl toss carrot sticks with olive oil and salt
- Spread out carrot sticks on a [parchment] paper baking sheet
- Bake at 425° for 18-22 minutes until carrots are browned