- Hometown: Danville, VA
- Age: 24
- Occupation: Graduate Student & Photographer
- When did you first start CrossFitting?: July 2015
- What is your favorite movement? Favorite workout?: Snatches are my favorite lift & I love any kind of EMOM.
- What is your least favorite movement/workout?: Thrusters and handstand walks are always my least favorite.
- Tell us about your sports & fitness background.: I cheered and danced growing up, but never any heavy lifting.
- How did you first get exposed to CrossFit?: When I moved to Chapel Hill, there was a box right across the street and it always looked like everyone was having so much fun that I had to see what it was all about!
- What sort of changes have you seen in your body?: I’ve definitely gained a lot of lean muscle mass and my body fat percentage has decreased.
- What impact has CrossFit had on your life?: Not only Crossfit, but everything that comes with it like the community, strength, and confidence have made such a tremendous impact on my life. I’ve made amazing friends and gained a family that offers unwavering support and dedication to helping each other reach their goals despite any obstacles that might be in the way. I struggle with scoliosis and reverse cervical spine curvature, but I don’t let it stop me from accomplishing what I want to do. Crossfit has taught me that you should only compare yourself to the self that you were yesterday and most importantly that you have to confident in your self and believe that you are strong enough to achieve your goals. You are stronger than you were yesterday, and you have to be confident that you’ll be stronger in the days to come not only physically, but mentally and emotionally as well.
- What is your favorite Bull City CrossFit moment?: My favorite moments are when I see someone that’s been working so hard finally hit that PR they’ve been chasing. It’s so motivating and inspiring to myself and everyone around.
- What is your advice for people getting started?: Just stick with it. It’s a little intimidating at first when you have no idea what any of the movements are and feel like you’ll never in your life be able to double under. As long as you stick with it, you’ll improve and you’ll meet some great inspiring people along the way!
- What are your interests outside of CrossFit?: I enjoy photography, travleling, hiking with my pup & most of all eating donuts.